Panel Session: New Challenges in Multimedia Research for the Increasingly Connected and Fast Growing Digital Society
This year the MIR workshop will feature a panel, with well-known pioneers and experts in our field. Active participation of the audience is strongly encouraged.
1. Personal Multimedia Retrieval: With the widespread of very affordable digital cameras, individuals are generating enormous amount of digital photos. What research problems can be explored to help people better manage, share, and archive their personal pictures?
2. Amateur Photography: Amateur photographers are increasing. Can multimedia research help people enhance their photography skills or make it easier for people to learn from experts or each other?
3. Arts: Can multimedia research help boost public interests in art appreciation and practice through the Internet?
4. Online Video Sharing: Can video or image retrieval better help people search online video sharing sites?
5. Social Networks: Are there new technical demands for multimedia in Internet social networks?
Jia Li (The Pennsylvania State University, USA)
Shih-fu Chang (Columbia University, USA)
Michael Lesk (Rutgers University, USA)
Rainer Lienhart (University of Augsburg, Germany)
Jiebo Luo (Eastman Kodak Research, USA)
Arnold Smeulders (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands)